For us, providing Made in England clothing is not just about high quality product, but also ensuring the quality of our service matches those high levels we expect of our clothing.
“Profit in business comes from repeat customers, customers that boast about your project or service, and that bring friends with them.” W Edwards Deming
We don’t make any false claims about Quantock – we are running a business and that quote from Mr Deming neatly sums up why service has to be at the heart of our business.
We have to make some form of profit to allow us to grow, to allow us to increase our product range and to allow us to constantly improve our customers' experience of shopping at Quantock.
If we delight our customers with our products and the service we provide, then we are more likely to see repeat custom that in turn drives profit and allows us to do all those wonderful things mentioned.
By the way, those of you who know about Mr Deming will understand why we like Japanese selvedge denim – but that’s another story altogether that we blogged on before (click here).
So how do we do service?
We make sure the process works and follow up to keep matters on track:
- You can order online and it works
- You can pay online safely and securely (we have no favourite banks, but Barclays and Barclaycard have been robust, reliable and their process works)
- You receive an email confirming your order
- The paperwork printed out with your order is clear, neatly presented and easily understood
- You receive a second email confirming your shipping tracking number
- We use high quality Zebra thermal printers to print clear and professional shipping labels, with barcodes that can be correctly scanned by the couriers, so reducing the risk of lost consignments
- We do daily checks on all our despatches to ensure everything is delivered as expected
- We make sure you can return items easily with no quibbles and no fuss, providing clear instructions and self peel returns labels
- We promptly process returns and charge back any funds as appropriate, advising you what we’ve done
- We respond promptly to any emails or correspondence sent to us
- We listen to your needs and if you want something done, simply ask. If we can do it, we’ll get it done. If it’s not possible, we’ll politely explain why not.
- And then the killer question – how can we do this even better? We're quietly accumulating reviews through Trusted Shops. We're rated as 4.98 out of 5. Still room for improvement, though. And of course we all lead busy lives, so sadly not all of our customers have been able to take time to give us feedback - and we cherish feedback.
If you think we’re off the mark, email us with your thoughts and let us know what we can do even better. We would truly like to know – after all because we listen and we act what you say really will make us better.